Monday, June 06, 2005

Prayer to the Start the Week

Dear God,

Your glory is exalted far above the earth and sky! How true. And how wonderful it is that you have shown me your power and love, your grace and truth, through Jesus, your Son and my Savior.

Lord, I want to please you in all things. And I'm ashamed of those times when I don't. Trusting you, I ask you to forgive me.

I also want to ask that you help me to be fully in the world, but not of it. Cause me to be wise like a snake, but harmless like a dove. Help me not to judge, nor give something precious to pigs.

As I say that, I realize how far I have to go, and how much I must depend on you. But I believe that nothing's impossible with you. So be with me, Lord. And I'll keep looking forward to how the future's going to unfold in your hands.

In Jesus' name, Amen.

3 comments:

Frank Bellizzi said...

Dee,

It's obvious that you deeply love and respect your husband. I'm happy that the two of you have one another.

About the other part, I wish I could better explain our experiences. These days, I'm just trying to do more of what I've learned is most important. But I'm a slow.

Greg said...

The closer we are drawn to God the worse we feel about ourselves - which is not what most Christians seem to expect.

Since God isn't into "high self-esteem" but rather giving grace to the humble, the closer we get the more our wetched nature is revealed. We may actually be treating our neighbors better, but we feel more like failures.

Steve said...

Would you please stop praying for my weaknesses and acting like your praying for yours. :)

Thank you!