Friday, June 20, 2008

Oh, Yes! V.B.S.

We just completed a Monday-through-Thursday Vacation Bible School at the San Jacinto Church of Christ in Amarillo, TX. Here are a few photos, courtesy of Fred Cox . . .

Pictured here with their students, Lawanda Moore and Lynn Duncan are true Christians. They're typical of the teachers we have at San Jacinto: kind, thoughtful, Word-focused, organized, and effective.


The opening and closing assemblies included lots and lots of non-stop singing.


Getting to lead the songs at V.B.S. is pure joy.


Vacation Bible School has been a part of my life since before I can remember. I've mentioned this in my posts here and in my comments at other blogs: I think V.B.S. is one of the greatest church traditions ever. When it's done well, V.B.S. is a powerful time of teaching. It generates enthusiasm, promotes goodwill, creates lasting memories and, above all, leads to many Good-News moments.

We plan to extend our V.B.S. through at least the end of summer. All ages are welcome to join us each Wednesday from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. Those in the Amarillo area who are interested in being a part of "Camp Wednesday" can get more information by calling the church office at 372-4682.

Got a V.B.S. story to tell?

3 comments:

preacherman said...

Frank,
Thank for sharing this wonderful V.B.S. with us. I am excited about our V.B.S. The Westside Church of Christ in Midland is going to be comming down and putting it on for us. We are having ours the first week in August. I always loved and looked forward to V.B.S. when I was younger. I was the boy who brought the most friends every year!

Adam Gonnerman said...

I have a lot of good memories of VBS. The Brazilian church here hasn't ever done too much in this regard, but we typically take our kids over to Chatham church's VBS. Hey, our kids all speak fluent English anyway. :-)

Darin L. Hamm said...

I'm glad you enjoy them, I know our kids do.