Friday, September 14, 2007

Off to Abilene

As things turn out, I'm getting to go to Abilene this year for the lectureship at ACU, which starts Sunday night. I won't get to take in the whole thing, but will get to be there for most of two days.
One thing I'm really looking forward to is the chance to meet up with, in the flesh, at least a few people I've met by way of the blogs. I'll be the white, middle-aged, bald guy in glasses. . . . Oh, wait. That won't narrow it down much, will it?

Anyway, it's also going to be great to hear some of the best spirits and minds of our day. Looking through the lectureship brochure, it's hard for me to decide on a certain class. The last time I felt like this, I was about ten years old, looking through the Sears and Roebuck Christmas Wishbook.

In case you aren't going to be there, but are interested in the lectures, the theme lectures will be broadcast live at http://www.acappellaradio.net/. You can also catch them at Acappella Radio on iTunes. The brochure also says that CDs and DVDs of the lectures will be available.

2 comments:

TREY MORGAN said...

I've asked 14 white, middle aged bald guys ... "Are you Frank?" Can't seem to find you. :)

Frank Bellizzi said...

Trey, that's 14 down, 1400 to go.

I really regret that we haven't met up. I think I'll be heading home late this (Tuesday) afternoon.

If not this time, then sometime soon I hope.