Monday, April 25, 2005

Prayer to Start the Week

Okay, about last week . . . My kids being out of school for Spring vacation, and beautiful weather in Connecticut, plus anything else that can make this excuse sound legitimate, conspired to keep me from blogging. (Thanks, Steve and Dee, for checking in and asking around).

Some weeks the only thing I post is Monday's prayer. But last week, I didn't do even that. And get this: the Sunday before, I preached a sermon about . . . prayer.

Anyway, now ready to get with it, I'm praying with Augustine,

Dear God,

"Let my soul praise you that it may love you.
Your whole creation sings your praise.
Humanity sings your praise with hymns and psalms.
Animals and plants praise you with their beauty.
Your whole creation lifts up our hearts,
so that we may glimpse the glory of heaven."

We thank you, Lord, in the name of Christ your Son, Amen.

No comments: