Monday, April 04, 2005

Prayer to Start the Week

"Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." -Hebrews 4:14-16

Holy Father,

You are a such a great and incredible God. My mind could never have come close to even conceiving of you. Yet, you have chosen to reveal yourself to me. What little I've been willing and able to take in thrills and delights, convicts and humbles me. I want and need all of that, and you deserve the devotion of my heart. So grant that I will see and know more of you.

God, please forgive me, because I know that so much of me is not consistent with these best desires of my heart. So make me pure and sincere and true. Help me to be a living sacrifice, something that you will find holy and acceptable.

I ask this knowing that you love me and that you will, because of Christ, change me and give to me what I need today. And so I ask you to receive my thanks and to grant me many blessings through his name, Amen.

No comments: