Tuesday, January 11, 2005

"Frankly Speaking"

I can't accept the blame or take the credit for the name of my blog. It all goes back to one Ben Flatt.

A preacher with a flair for names and titles, Ben once suggested that I should call my regular column in the church bulletin "Frankly Speaking." It struck me that anyone with a name like Ben Flatt (been flat?) would understand names, titles, etc. about as well as anyone. (For years Ben had written a column under the title "B-Flatt Notes"). So I went with his suggestion and never looked back.

I can't claim to always speak "in an open, honest, and direct manner" (Oxford's primary definition of "frankly"). But I try, especially when it's important to speak that way.

Oh, and Ben? And his wife, Judy? Some of the best people I've ever known.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Frank,

I saw your comment on Mike C's blog. Don't know if you remember me from Freed days or not. Welcome to the world of blogging.