Monday, March 19, 2007

Week in Review

Okay, last week I was a slogger (sloth + blogger). But it was Spring Break for me, and Michele, and for kids here in Amarillo, and a step-kid visiting from the Dallas area. So we played.

Last Tuesday, we visited Palo Duro Canyon State Park and hiked the 3-mile trail leading to the rock formation called "the lighthouse." Way cool.

On Wednesday, we drove over to Altus, Oklahoma, my hometown. We went to a church supper and Bible class with my mom and dad, and spent the night with them.

Before returning to Amarillo on Thursday, we had to venture out to Altus Air Force Base, where we ate lunch and saw some big planes. To celebrate the arrival of Spring, I decided to get my head shaved at the base barber shop. I figured if anyone knew about short haircuts, they did. I was right. Their clippers have vacuums attached.

Friday was a lazy one. After a home-cooked supper, we went out to The Big Texan for dessert. Alas, no one was attempting to eat a 72 oz. steak with all the trimmings in an hour or less. However, we did get some amusement from the kitchen-sized trash can standing next to the table where all such attempts are made.

While it was snowing and sleeting in New England, here in the Texas Panhandle it was sunny and warm and calm (!) for St. Patrick's Day. We spent the whole day outside.

Anyway, my apologies to folks whose comments didn't see the light of day until several days after they were submitted. Several months ago, I had to resort to code-red comment moderation. And not just because of spammers; but that's for another post. Maybe.

Just remember: the fact that you're not paranoid is no guarantee that they're not out to get you. . . . I hope you have a great week.

No comments: