So Michele's parents sent me a Barnes and Noble gift card for Christmas, and my folks gave me some cash. So I took myself book shopping this afternoon. Here's what I came home with:
1. The Kennedys Amidst the Gathering Storm: A Thousand Days in London, 1938-1940, by Will Swift.
2. American Heroes: Profiles of Men and Women Who Shaped Early America, by Edmund S. Morgan.
3. Flying High: Remembering Barry Goldwater, by William F. Buckley Jr.
4. American Gospel: God, the Founding Fathers, and the Making of a Nation, by Jon Meacham
5. The Crowd Sounds Happy: A Story of Love, Madness, and Baseball, by Nicholas Dawidow.
6. The Best American Essays 2010, edited by Christopher Hitchens.
Now, which one to read first?
Coming soon to Frankly Speaking: My 10 Best Books of 2010