Sunday, December 26, 2010

Six New Books. WooHoo!!

So Michele's parents sent me a Barnes and Noble gift card for Christmas, and my folks gave me some cash. So I took myself book shopping this afternoon. Here's what I came home with:

1. The Kennedys Amidst the Gathering Storm: A Thousand Days in London, 1938-1940, by Will Swift.

2. American Heroes: Profiles of Men and Women Who Shaped Early America, by Edmund S. Morgan.

3. Flying High: Remembering Barry Goldwater, by William F. Buckley Jr.

4. American Gospel: God, the Founding Fathers, and the Making of a Nation, by Jon Meacham

5. The Crowd Sounds Happy: A Story of Love, Madness, and Baseball, by Nicholas Dawidow.

6. The Best American Essays 2010, edited by Christopher Hitchens.

Now, which one to read first?

Coming soon to Frankly Speaking: My 10 Best Books of 2010

4 comments:

Stoned-Campbell Disciple said...

American Gospel is a fine read Frank.

Frank Bellizzi said...

Bobby, as it turns out, American Gospel is the one I picked to read first. Such good research, and so well written.

Wade Tannehill said...

I love American Gospel.

Anonymous said...

Oh, thank goodness! I was afraid you would spring for the latest GQ and Lady Gaga's new CD!
Shari