Tuesday, April 13, 2010

San Jacinto Church of Christ, 1945?


This old photograph was shared with me by one of the long-time members of my home congregation, the San Jacinto Church of Christ in Amarillo, Texas. I believe it was taken at a ladies' Bible class sometime in the 1940s. (Evidently, men were allowed to attend the ladies' Bible class).

The building in the photo, which stood at the corner of Line and Mississippi, is no longer there. It was replaced by a new structure in 1954.

It was thought by some of the people at church that the man standing in the aisle is a preacher by the last name of Oldham. If anyone can identify him or anyone else in the photo, I'd appreciate hearing from you. Just click on the photo to get a larger image.

1 comment:

Wade Tannehill said...

I love history, so I love old pictures! Especially ones that help tell the story of our religious heritage.