Monday, May 01, 2006

Top Ten Reasons to Study Biblical Hebrew . . .

Okay, so it looks like as early as the coming Fall semester, I might get to offer a section of Biblical Hebrew. If that happens (please, Lord) then I want to put together a flyer that names ..."The Top Ten Reasons to Study Biblical Hebrew."

Since this idea just hit me, I haven't had a chance to come up with more than one or two of my own ideas. Here's the best I've got so far . . .

1. Nothing clears your throat like a good "hchet"!

2. Rabbis make six figures.

3. It's God's first language.

Help! Suggestions?

5 comments:

Frank Bellizzi said...

4. It's what Einstein had in common with The Three Stooges!

Anonymous said...

Not study Hebrew? How unorthodox!
Shari Davis

Frank Bellizzi said...

Saint Peter doesn't speak English!

Leland V said...

For those who like to start at the back of a book or magazine, you will be at home.

Steve said...

Appreciate the accrostics in the Psalms just by learning the alphabet.