Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Prayer to Start the Week

The Bellizzis and the Richardsons had a nice Memorial Day weekend. After several days of cool and rainy weather, by Friday it seemed a lot more like Spring in Connecticut.

Ben had a baseball game Friday evening. Chloe, my oldest, worked two shifts at her part-time job. And Monday morning, three of the six kids marched in two different parades. So it was busy, but good.

We worked in the yard, worshipped the Lord, jumped on the trampoline, had a cookout, remembered fallen heroes, rode bikes, and played in the water. That leads me to pray:

Dear Lord,

What a great God and Father you are.

Thank you for the beautiful world you created. And thank you for those happy, memorable times that I can share with those I love best.

After a long weekend, now refreshed, I ask that you'll help me to do good work and to be responsive to you in all things.

Just after Memorial Day, I'm especially mindful of sacrifices made, sacrifices that were necessary because of a sinful world of which I'm a part.

So as I revel in and give thanks for what is good, I ask you to finish your new creation in Christ and fulfill the hope of all who trust in you.

In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

No comments: