Monday, December 28, 2015

Winter Storm Goliath Hits Tulia, Texas

So Michele, Ben, and I drove over to Altus, Oklahoma on Thursday, the 24th, so glad to see my folks, my sisters and their families. We had a good time with them. But by Saturday, the morning after Christmas, it was time for us to get home. A winter storm--"Goliath" they called it--was blowing in from the west. We needed to get home to the Texas panhandle before it started snowing.

The winds of West Texas were howling long before we made it to Tulia. But it didn't start snowing until sometime in the wee hours of Sunday morning. We got more snow Sunday night. I took these photos on Monday afternoon, the 28th.

South Bowie Avenue, Tule Creek in the distance
Home Sweet Home
A perfect snow drift along my north fence line 

No comments: