Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Prayer to Start the Week

The weather in Connecticut has been perfect over the last few days. I've hardly been able to make myself come inside.

Michele and I went for a long bike ride last evening, stopping for supper along the way at Anna's in East Hartford. It's this terrific Greek diner where the staff comes right out of the movie about the big fat wedding. What a treat.

Dear God,

Thank you for the rolling seasons which, as they move, proclaim to all of us your constant care.

I'm really glad it's summer here. But I know that today's gladness is just a touch of the joy that all of your people will know in that place where your glory is all the light.

Please continue to call and draw me there. And cause me to help others to also hear that call.

For I ask in the name of Jesus, your Son, Amen.

1 comment:

Steve said...

My son had a ball game last night and the temp was in the low 70's with a breeze coming off the river. It was wonderful. God's world is amazing. Thanks for the prayer this week.