Monday, March 21, 2005

Prayer to Start the Week

"This is the assurance we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us--whatever we ask--we know that we have what we asked of him" --1 John 5:14-15

Dear God, Holy Father.

For this day, for life itself, and for the good you've seen fit to pour into my life, I thank you.

Lord, help me today and all through this new week to be the person you've called me in Christ to be.

For those times when I've not been what I should have, I ask you to forgive me, again. Thank you that because of Christ I can make this request. Help me to be as patient with other people as you are with me.

God, please continue your work of transforming me into the likeness of Christ, so that I will reflect your glory, give you honor, and be a blessing to others.

I ask this in the great name of Jesus, your son and my savior, Amen.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Amen